Halloween is just around the corner. And so is half term. So it’s no wonder that so many parents and children’s clubs are thinking about Halloween events and parties. But planning a Halloween themed event can be a real challenge. From the age range of the guests, to the party activities, there are a lot of considerations to be made. So, what do you need for a Halloween event? Well, Mr Stix is an award winning children’s entertainer, and he provides top quality entertainment to parties and events across the North West. This includes Halloween parties. So this is his guide to everything you need to make your Halloween party a success.
What do you need for a Halloween event?
A Halloween party or event always needs particular features. These include:
- Costumes- if all of your guests arrive in Halloween costumes, they will already be in the mood to celebrate. No matter how old your guests are, dressing up with a really scary costume is always fun. So get off to a good start with costumed guests. Why not keep a couple of masks, just in case anyone arrives without a costume?
- Decorations- it’s not a Halloween party without the spooky decorations. How else will you get into the Halloween spirit? So whichever space you are using for your event, make sure it is decorated to look the part.
- Food- if food is to be served at your event, make sure it is themed too. From finger sandwiches, to spider pizza, there is a lot you can do with party food, to make sure it fits into your theme. You can check out more ideas here.
- Music- if your event will have music, make sure you match it to the theme. This doesn’t need to be for every track, but every now and again a cheesy Halloween song will get everyone dancing.
- Games-You can’t host a children’s event with some games. You can go traditional by bopping for apples, or you can try a spooky twist on an old favourite. Just don’t forget the prizes!
- Entertainment- If you really want your Halloween event to be a success, why not hire a professional entertainer? With the skills and knowledge to really help bring your party to life, a professional, like Mr Stix, could make your party one to be remembered.
For more information or to book professional entertainment for your Halloween party, get in touch with Mr Stix today.