Children love Halloween. With the costumes, the games, and the sweets, it’s not really a surprise! But what about young children? Parties for pre-school children can be difficult to pitch, without the added complications of scary costumes. But there’s no reason why they can’t enjoy a Halloween party, pitched at the right level. Mr Stix is an award winning children’s entertainer, and this is his guide to Halloween party ideas for pre-school children.
Halloween party ideas for pre-school children
Everything pitched at pre-school children needs to be soft and warm. And this includes Halloween parties. You need to steer away from the scary, and make sure your event is fun and age appropriate. Your Halloween party will need:
- Entertainment- for Halloween entertainment, we would go for age appropriate comedy and humour. Turn the scary witch of traditional tales into a joke character, so the children can enjoy elements of spooky tales, with a much softer, less spooky approach.
- Games- play games together as a group, with themed sweet treats for the winners. Anything from dancing contests, to themed party games can be a great option for young children. Take a look at some more Halloween themed game ideas here.
- Spooky nursery rhymes- turn some of the nursery rhymes the children know and love, into Halloween themed nursery rhymes. Why not try Five Little Pumpkins, or other counting songs with the words changed to ft the theme. The children will love learning something new and joining in with the actions.
- Decorate pumpkins- decorating pumpkins with stickers and paint, glitter and other craft supplies can be a really fun messy play activity. And the children won’t be scared by their friendly pumpkin creations.
- Read a spooky story- pre-school children love story time. So why not read a spooky picture book around the pumpkin as everyone tucks into their sweets? Room on the Broom, or the Gruffalo, can be good, poplar story choices for this age range. This is also a good way to end a party, with a little bit of time to wind down and relax.
For more information, or to book professional entertainment for your pre school Halloween party, get in touch with Mr Stix today.