Children under 6 can be a challenge to keep entertained, especially if you don’t have the right activities or games. Full of excitement and energy, children in this age category need to be kept on their toes, to stay on task and happy. And here at Mr Stix, that’s exactly what we can offer. As an award winning children’s entertainer, Mr Stix is the perfect option for children’s events and parties for all ages. And this is his guide to hosting a Halloween disco for children under 6.
Hosting a Halloween disco for children under 6
If you want to make your disco night memorable for the young ones, and prevent them from getting bored you need to pull out all the stops. You should think about:
- The decorations- while Halloween is all about the scary, you need to also remember the age of your audience. While some young children will be desensitized to the scary decorations, others wont be. And you don’t want to leave any children with nightmares. So keep things PG when choosing “scary” decorations and aim for fun pumpkins, bats and ghosts, instead of zombies.
- The games- children of all ages love party games. But with the under 6, you have to make sure the rules are easy to understand, and easy to follow. Why not add a halloween themed twist to some of the more popular party games. This can include:
- Simon Says- children pose as “scary” characters, like werewolfs, witches, pumpkins and ghosts. Catch them out by not saying Simon Says.
- Monster Statues- just like musical statues, when the music stops, the children have to pose in their best monster pose.
- Mummy wrap- split the children into teams and whichever team wraps the “mummy” up in toilet roll first, wins the game.
For Halloween fun and friendly entertainment, get in touch with Mr Stix today.